Upon The Subject of Reality

Ear shattering noises coming from the beyond of his door while he is still reading papers on his desk. Noises getting closer and closer, screams of the poor guards fills the air and with an explosion, door falls and a figure with seething anger appears. "You will answer for everything you have done!" As he roars, figure with a splendid suit gets up from his chair, leaving his papers behind, sits on the desk. "Please have a seat." he says with a calm voice. A couple of guards comes in but an annihilation swiftly occurs. Now, they are gone. Reduced to atoms. "The same will happen to you. I wonder, how will it feel to be annihilated by the power you created?" "Do you know my name?" "Does it matter at this point?" "It does. My name is Guruvan Erishka. Not the creator of your power but a supporter, maybe a source even. Many thoughts given to the project came from me. Money uncountable given by my company. Even early subjects were my people. Tell me, what do you seek?" Anger exploding from his eyes, he shakes the air. "Don't you fucking dare to play games with me! you made us rats to your experiments! You invaded our home! Everything we have build, you are trying to claim as yours. So much for your advanced species! Like barbarians, you raid!" Guruvan takes of his glasses. Placing them gently to the desk. "Do you know who created your home? Do you know who bestowed everything between sky and sea and so much more upon you? Do you know who started the major events of your history so that you can have an identity and a path to walk as your own? Do you know who stopped countless civilization far beyond your capacity from claiming you as a trophy? Do you know Mr.?" He gestures towards young man. Asking for his name. "Why would I give you my name? What the fuck are you even talking about? Why the fuck are you talking like..." "For the fairness of our conversation. I gave you my name, didn't I?" Anger left it's place to confusion which makes him question more than he should. "Kremni." A lie hidden in plain sight but it will work. "Mr. Kremni, if you were to create something. Something that has it's own mind. Something which thinks, feels and acts freely. If you were to give that something a home. An environment so bountiful, just to see the nourishment and advancement. If you were to love that something to a degree that you would wage war against every intergalactic power. Would you set free your very creation out of your reach? Would you abandon your most prized object? Would you retain from becoming one with it if it is possible?" So called Kremni's eyes lit up with a flash of realization. Deep inside his mind, he knew what was being implied but how could he accept that? "You couldn't have..." Guruvan with a smile split his very mind into countless pieces. "Is it that hard to accept your creators?" Kremni refused. Refused with all his strenght. To no avail, unfortunately. "You lie..." How can this be? "You fucking lie!" This is impossible. "You are just a human! A mortal! You are no God!" Guruvan erased his smile. An imitation darker than night filled the room. "Don't you ever compare me to God again. I would hate it if I were to sin because of you." "What..the fuck?" "I am no God. Only a creator. Your creator. Mr. Kremni, you and your people have no soul. You are articial beings created by us. From our dna you have been born into a world we created. We are but mere motals who tries to defy natural order just because to answer most primal question of all time. Make no mistake, being mortal does not stops us from creating. It is saddening, really. I didn't want it to come to this. I for one saw you as my children. My legacy. My prodigy even. The ones who will inherent my will and carry it to the very end of cosmos. Our ancestors made the biggest mistake and it is up to us to make amends to their sins. Kremni stood just like that. Frozen in time. None can handle the truth to this degree. His tears flowing through empty eyes. Pieces of his mind scattered throught out nothingness. His fire extinguished. Guruvan gives a deep breath, stands up and strikes the final blow. "We can always create another world with another artificial beings. You are not special. We just don't want to start from the very begining, that's all." As Guruvan leaves his room, what remains is just a cold husk of once noble and proud young man.

Return to “Serbest Kurgu”